National Safety Council, Nebraska (NSCN) was founded in 1924 as the “Omaha Safety Council” by a group of businessmen who concluded that 75% of workplace accidents could be prevented. Over time, we have changed our name and expanded to serve the entire state of Nebraska.
NSCN is a private, non-governmental, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and the only National Safety Council chapter in Nebraska. As part of the National Safety Council we are committed to promoting their top strategic initiatives including Workplace Safety, Distracted Driving, Teen Driving, Prescription Drug Abuse, Fatigue, and Safe Communities.
We are led by a volunteer board of directors and a staff of highly trained industry leaders and expert instructors. Our mission is to be Nebraska’s leading organization providing education and advocacy to reduce injuries and save lives in the workplace, at home, and on the road.
We believe that all Nebraskans have the ability to make their lives safer and we are here to help.
We are safety without shortcuts.
Recognized for excellence:
- National Safety Council (NSC) Driver Safety Program Award (2021)
- Defensive Driving Course (DDC) Online, DDC 4-Hour Classroom, DDC Alive at 25
- NSC Honor Chapter Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021)
- NSC President’s Chapter Award (2016)
- NSC Trainer Center of the Year - DDC Online (2019)
- NSC Driver Safety Program Award (2018)
- DDC Online, DDC Online Modules, Chronic Offender, and DDC4
- NSC Driver Safety Program Award (2016)
- DDC Online, DDC4, DDC 8, and Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving
- NSC Driver Safety Program Award (2015)
- DDC Online, DDC 4, Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving, and Professional Truck Driver
- NSC DDC-4 Instructor of the Year Awards (2009, 2013, 2017, 2019)
- NSC Workplace Training - Most Improvement (2018)
- NSC Advanced Safety Certificate - Most Improved (2018)
- NSC Basic Life Support - Best Performance (2019)
- Honorable Mention Better Business Bureau “Integrity Award” (2009)
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation “Outstanding Motorcycle Safety Support” (2008)
If you'd like to support the National Safety Council, Nebraska's mission to reduce injuries and save the lives of Nebraskans, click the Donate Now button.
100% of all donations will be used to educate and inspire Nebraskans to not take shortcuts when it comes to safety.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment Statement
At NSCN, we demonstrate our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion through our culture and our values. Our culture embraces all people regardless of ancestry, color, national origin, race, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.* We boldly empower our team to model respect and dignity. We find impactful opportunities for growth and development. We create a safe environment that includes mental, physical, psychological, and emotional protections. To be NSCN is to deliver our mission by working together — our employees, members, and stakeholders — in such a way that everyone feels a sense of belonging
We believe that you can’t be safe if you don’t feel safe. Feeling safe requires a commitment to equitable policy implementation and promoting diversity in the safety profession. We must cultivate our own diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment to deliver on our mission to save lives, from the workplace to anyplace.
*NSCN is an equal opportunity employer.