This course meets the requirements for court-ordered alcohol/drug education or minor in possession education. The purpose of this eight-hour program is to heighten the consciousness of the participants concerning their substance abuse. Participants will learn skills necessary to make appropriate decisions regarding use of illegal drugs and/or alcohol use. Video, handouts, and speakers are used to facilitate discussion.
- Discussion of value systems vs. actions
- Exploration of the behavior which led to arrest
- Law and behavior comparison
- Myths vs. facts about alcohol and drug use
- Impairment of driver skills due to substance use
- Costs to the individual and society at large
- Health consequences of chemical and substance use
National Safety Council, Nebraska
13111 Oak View Drive, Omaha NE 68137
Class is held once per month on Saturday 8am to 4pm.
Class is also offered online.