The human resource professional is becoming increasingly involved in workplace safety. HR professionals should understand basic information, regulations and requirements, concepts and techniques involved in workplace safety and security.
This certificate course is intended for HR professionals whether you are new to safety, responsible for safety, or working with the safety department. The topics and depth of coverage will help HR professionals recognize and understand the basics of safety regulations and other important safety considerations that apply to their organizations. By completing this certificate, attendees will be prepared to recognize areas of regulatory and financial safety risk, plus come away with a road map to address shortcomings in their current safety program.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) log requirements and the relationship between log and workers compensation
- And other types of recordkeeping
- First aid/Bloodborne pathogens – when and where training is required
- Chemical hazard communication – program requirements and common pitfalls
- Basics on Lockout/tagout, Fall protection, and Confined space
- Personal protective equipment/Loud noise
- Electrical safety
- Forklift operator requirements
Department of Transportation (DOT) Basic Requirements
Reduction of Risk in the Workplace
- Recognition of ergonomics risk factors and basic solutions
- Workplace violence prevention
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Emergency plans, evacuation, and fire prevention
- Workplace driving policy
- Safety committees
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
Live virtual training also available.
August 13 & 14, 2020
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.” Participants will receive 12 hours of continuing education credit.