Re-envisioned Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH) course takes advantage of the most cutting-edge learning technology and adult learning principles
- POSH is a technology-enabled classroom training course that delivers a deeply immersive learning experience and real world work outputs you can leverage back on the job.
- Case study woven throughout course that brings topics and learning concepts to life; participants are immersed in the course as employees of “Agrichemical,” our fictional company that experiences safety issues
- Networking time and opportunities with other attendees from other companies, industries, and with varying levels of experience
- Electronic pre-test and polling questions gauge participant knowledge allowing the facilitator to adjust course content accordingly
- Live online polling questions throughout the course gauge participant knowledge and interest in topics, allowing the facilitator to adjust course content accordingly
- Large group activities
- Small group interactions
As a result of attending this training, participants will:
- Participate in interactive discussions on topics relating to the principles of occupational safety and health.
- Analyze problems presented through case studies.
- Assess various safety and health issues at their facility.
- Share occupational safety and health techniques with other professionals in group discussions.
- Create action plans for implementation at their organization.
In addition, attendees will leave the course with a detailed gap analysis of their company’s safety and health program and action plans that can be reviewed with their site management and organizaton upon return from training.
This course exceeds the requirements of ANSI/ASSP Z490.1 (Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training) and leverages components of the new ANSI/ASSP Z490.2 (Criteria for Accepted Practices in Online Safety, Health, and Environmental Training).
- Fit for Duty
- Vehicle Safety
- Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention
Who should attend?
- Those new to safety or with newly-appointed safety responsibilities
- Those desiring a “crash course” in the fundamentals of occupational safety and health, speeding up the learning curve of a safety practitioner
- Safety team leaders
- Safety consultants
- Purchasers of safety training for large groups of safety practitioners
- Training developers of safety content
- Training designers who need technical safety knowledge to develop safety and health content
- Insurance underwriters or consultants for insurers or insurance brokers
National Safety Council - Nebraska Chapter
3111 Oak View Drive, Omaha, NE
OR complete this training virtually via our hybrid learning format!
(Contact us to register!)
March 18-21, 2024; June 3-6, 2024; November 18-21, 2024