Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance Hazardous Materials Transportation course meets training requirements for hazardous materials (hazmat) workers.
Participants will receive a Handling Hazardous Materials book, Emergency Response Guidebook and certificate of completion.
- Define the purpose, scope, and applicability of the DOT regulations
- Identify hazardous materials according to DOT criteria
- Identify packaging conditions which are acceptable for handling and transportation
- Determine/ recognize marking requirements for a packaged, non-bulk, non-radioactive hazardous material
- Select and apply primary/subsidiary hazard labels to given packages of hazardous materials
- Determine and recognize appropriate documentation requirements for describing hazardous materials on shipping papers
- Identify hazardous materials placarding requirements
- Recognize safety practices involving hazardous materials
First time participants looking to satisfy the training requirements of the Department of Transportation
National Safety Council - Nebraska Chapter
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
March, July, & November