Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance Hazardous Materials Transportation course meets training requirements for hazardous materials (hazmat) workers.
Participants will receive a Handling Hazardous Materials book, Emergency Response Guidebook and certificate of completion.
- Purpose, scope, and applicability of the DOT regulations
- Identifying hazmat according to DOT criteria
- Identifying packaging conditions which are acceptable for handling and transportation
- Marking requirements for a packaged, non-bulk, non-radioactive hazmat
- Primary/subsidiary hazard labels to given packages of hazmat
- Documentation requirements for describing hazmat on shipping papers
- Hazardous materials placarding requirements
Those that have been previously trained and are looking to satisfy the 3 year refresher training requirement for DOT.
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
January, May, August, November