Learn the key components of an energy control program, inspections of energy control devices, and steps for testing equipment.
This course meets the requirements of OSHA’s Lockout / Tagout Regulation, 29 CFR 1910.147 You will gain the knowledge to start and implement a lockout/tagout program at your facility.
- Establish the purpose for lockout/tagout.
- Identify the key components of an energy control program.
- Identify the six main elements that should be contained in lockout/tagout procedures.
- Identify key elements of a periodic inspection of the energy control device to restore energy and equipment.
- Explain group lockout/tagout.
- Identify steps to follow to perform testing or positioning on a piece of equipment being repaired.
- Recognize the importance of "best practices" for the most effective lockout/tagout program implementation and operation.
- Persons responsible for OSHA compliance
- Human resources staff
- Safety managers
- Loss control managers
- Safety committee members
National Safety Council - Nebraska Chapter
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
OR complete this training virtually via our hybrid learning format!
(Contact us to register!)
February, June, & October