Our Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) class utilizes the Ives training program to certify Boomlift and Scissor Lift operators. The training consists of theory training and testing which is followed with practical (hands on) training and evaluation using actual lift equipment.
Theory Training and Testing:
The trainer guides trainees through a comprehensive and interactive review of the operator workbook and is followed by a written test.
Practical Training and Evaluation:
Trainees are shown the pre-use inspection, safe operating procedures, and parking/shut-down procedures and then given the opportunity to practice under the helpful eye of the program trainer. Trainees are then individually evaluated using the equipment in a reasonably challenging course.
- Trainees must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees will be sent an Operator Reference Manual prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed manual with them to the program.
- Trainees must be able to attend the full duration of the program.
- Trainees are strongly encouraged to bring their own personal fall protection equipment (full body harness and lanyard)
- Safety toed shoes and a high visibility vest are required while working with the equipment
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is recommended
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
4x per year
8am - 5pm