This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10-hour and 30-hour construction safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion. Students must prepare a one-hour presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Industry Outreach topic individually and pass a written exam at the end of the course.
Note: Applicants may substitute one of the credentials below for two years of the safety experience requirement.
- A college degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation
Note: Authorized OSHA Outreach trainers are required to take OSHA 502 every four years to maintain instructor status.
- Subjects covered in the 10-hour and 30-hour programs
- The most hazardous exposures using OSHA standards as a guide
- Instructional approaches
- Use of visual aids and handouts
- Personnel interested in teaching the 10-hour and 30-hour Construction Industry Outreach
National Safety Council - Nebraska Chapter
3111 Oak View Drive, Omaha, NE
January, April, July, October