This introductory course provides technical training designed from the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). Participants will learn to install, modify, maintain and remove temporary traffic control (TTC) work zones. This course is designed to be engaging and experiential, with hands-on activities that represent real-life scenarios in a TTC work zone.
BENEFITS OF THE NEW 4TH EDITION NSC WORK ZONE TECHNICIAN PROGRAM
- 8-hour course tailored to your organization
- Highly interactive and experiential activities
- Work through real-life scenarios in the classroom
- Developed by highly experienced work zone safety experts
Who Would Benefit from the Program?
- Anyone working in a temporary traffic control work zone or seeking to gain an understanding of how to safely work in a TTC work zone
- Agencies, municipalities or companies that have employees in roadway environments or TTC zones
- Public and private utility company employees responsible for installation, maintenance and replacement of public utilities along roadways
- Employees of local public agencies, state DOTs and federal DOT whose responsibilities include design, maintenance or supervision of contractors that develop and construct the public roadways
- Public agency employees with responsibility for roadway construction and maintenance
- Owners and operators of private roads open to public travel
- Fire, police, emergency management, hazmat, towing and recovery, and emergency medical personnel and others who clear accidents and incidents from public roadways
- Contractors who design, build, maintain or temporarily repair roads and bridges